2008年11月9日

Good food in Texas.

Having spent eight days in Austin, I admit that I love the food, especially the Tex-Mex cuisine. The restaurants that I have visited include:

1) Texadelphia. The original Texas Cheesestake.

2) Pappadeaus. The seafood kitchen.

3) The Cheesecake Factory.

4) Rudy's. The Bar-B-Q expert.

5) Souper Salad.

6) Jim's Restaurant.

7) Kerbey Lane.

8) Trulucks.

9. Amy's ice cream.

Among the food I love the most is the fries dipped with Queso from the Texadelphia! The Bar-B-Q baby back rip from Rudy's also impressed me. Coupled with the sweet cream corn sides and one order of a half pound of Brisket Moist type would mean a perfect lunch. Of course, I wouldn't forget to order a bottle of IBC orange soda. The modest Jim's Restaurant meanwhile is a good place for breakfast. The Real Texas Breakfast would be a good start i.e. a Sunkist orange juice and an order of Chicken Fried Steak Breakfast that has the chicken fried stake topped with delicious Country Gravy, served with Two Eggs scramble style, plus Hash Brown and wheat toast (with jelly). That is only US$10 plus tax! Of course, I wouldn't miss my favorite dessert - the Amy's ice cream. A small bowl of Belgian chocolate ice cream with hot fudge on top. That would be perfect!

沒有留言: